Our Investment Philosophy
We conduct our business according to a Code. Our Code is based on the guiding principle that the interests of our client are the top priority. Our officers, directors, advisors, and other employees have a fiduciary duty to our clients and must diligently perform that duty to maintain their trust and confidence.
1. Our first rule with our client’s money is that it’s our client’s money. This is our compass.
2. We believe perhaps the starting point to making money is to avoid losing it. Our objective is not to beat the market during a record year of positive returns, rather, it's to beat the market when the market is down. Why?
- Recovering from a 50% loss, requires a 100% return.
- Recovering from a 32% loss requires only a 47% return.
3. Cut out the middleman. This means we don’t sell you mutual funds, ETFs or other pre-packaged investment products, all of which would add additional costs on top of management fees. We also don’t work with third-party money managers. Not only does this philosophy reduce expenses, it allows you to know you’re working directly with the professionals who are managing your money.
4. You can only spend your money once, but you can spend the money your money makes over and over again. This idea is foundational to the strategies and plans we develop.
5. We believe it is possible to enjoy higher returns than the market, while at the same time taking less risk than the market. Ask us how this is possible.
We employ what is commonly referred to as a core-satellite investment management approach, which we’ve modified with our own expertise. This allowed us to develop five customizable investment models in an efficient, cost effective manner. What is a core satellite investment approach and how do we utilize this approach for our clients?
Core – Is made up of selected high-quality, large, dividend paying US companies like those found in the S&P 500. The objective of the core is to provide a foundation in the models that is diversified, generally moves with the market volatility, yet with a slightly higher return, maintaining diversification.
Satellite – The objective of the satellites is to achieve alpha, or simply put, to improve returns. These investments commonly include growth stocks you might find in the NASDAQ--stocks less likely to pay dividends--but more focused on growth.
We then use our expertise and knowledge of our client’s objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance, to place them in an appropriate model. More conservative models will be weighted more toward Core, while more aggressive models will be more weighted toward the Satellites.
To schedule a private consultation with a financial advisor, please call us at 662-510-8977 or use our contact form.